Atlantic Rally for Cruisers
Every November since 1986 the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has set sail from Las Palmas, bound 2,700 nautical miles westward across the Atlantic to the Caribbean.
The Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has been the benchmark for those wishing to complete a transatlantic voyage. Thousands have successfully made the passage since then and in the process had a fantastic experience developing their sailing skills, racing or cruising down one of the world’s most famous trading routes and no doubt meeting new friends and crewmates along the way.
“This is the Classic Transat Route..once completed all of the world’s oceans become frontiers to be explored & enjoyed”
Crossing the Atlantic is a tipping point for most sailors – once completed all areas of the world’s oceans suddenly become possible frontiers to be explored and enjoyed. As with any event, our intention is to teach as much about ocean voyaging and seamanship as we can- what is exciting about the Transat is that a prolonged period of tuition is available allowing everyone on board to get to grips with all aspects of the boat.
You will have plenty of opportunities to experience the higher speeds and quicker transit time associated with this kind of performance vessels. We ask all crew to bear in mind though that safety and not speed is our primary concern.
What you can expect of the ARC?
- A world-famous international sailing event
- Depart Gran Canaria
- Competing in the racing division
- Roughly 2700 miles to sail
- You are part of the watch system
- Warm trade winds from the North-East
- Spotting whales
- Catching flying fish
- Every boat is welcomed to Rodney Bay Marina with rum punches, fresh fruit, and chilled beer. No matter what time of day or night, the welcome party will be ready for you!
- Enjoy the culture, cuisine, and music in St. Lucia