With the 7th longest coastline in the world and bigger than the USA, China and Antarctica the circumnavigation of Australia’s Coastline promises to be our most epic challenge so far. The expedition is split into 5 legs totalling 7,500nm and you can join us onboard for any number (or all) of these.
With regular stopovers at memorable ports, islands and bays en-route, this challenge is as much about each leg of the journey, as it is about the destination. Despite Silver Fern’s ability to average 180 – 200nm+ days, we have planned an average of 90 – 100nm per day on each leg to allow 40% of the leg time for multiple stopovers at selected ‘must see’ scenic spots to ensure we have time to take in the natural beauty and iconic landmarks of Australia along the way.
The 5 legs of this 2023 Australian Circumnavigation are:
- Southport (QLD) to Cairns (QLD) 850nm – 10 days
- Cairns (QLD) to Darwin (NT) 1,250nm – 14 days
- Darwin (NT) to Perth (WA) 1,875nm – 18 days
- Perth (WA) to Adelaide (SA) to Melbourne (VIC) 1,925nm – 19 days
- Melbourne (VIC) to Hobart (TAS) to Sydney (NSW) to Southport (QLD) 1,600nm – 16 days
Join us on a number of legs
- Join the crew for 2 or more legs and save 10%.
- Join the crew for the entire circumnavigation (5 legs) and save 20%.
- Secure your place on the crew with a 20% deposit.