RORC Transatlantic Race & Caribbean Racing 2021 onboard Beneteau First 47.7 Kali
Welcome to the Transatlantic Race and the Caribbean Racing program onboard Kali. We are introducing Kali’s owner and skipper Benedikt Clauberg, his Beneteau First Kali and the different races he plans to join this Caribbean sailing season: the RORC Caribbean 600, St.Maarten Heineken Regatta and Les Voiles de St.Barth. And not to forget Kali is competing in the RORC Transatlantic Race starting the 9th of January. We have spaces available and the Caribbean Islands are welcoming back sailors. Enjoy!
Your skipper Benedikt Clauberg
Since 2004 Benedikt has been active around the world as an offshore professional skipper. He started his career working on Super Yachts. After 5 years in the luxurious cabins, he decided to move on to the training business and became a sailing instructor and coach. He and his partners founded their own sailing school and had real fun racing again. Today Benedikt is engaged as an instructor and coach for teams. , e.g. at regattas like the Rolex Middle Sea Race or the Antigua Sailing Week on the Volvo Ocean Racer open 70 “Green Dragon”. Since his training as Coach in 2012, he increasingly uses his expertise as a facilitator for executives and teams. With his extensive experience as a skipper and in leading people in extreme situations, he works with an action-oriented approach in leadership development.
Benedikt’s Yacht Kali
We are sailing on SY Kali. A very well balanced Race/Cruiser performance boat. This Beneteau First 47.7 has the shorter keel but the racing rigging and will bring some special performances especially going downwind.
Our sails onboard:
- Main 66 m2 Tryradial, Spectra, Hydranet from One Sails 2018
- Genoa 102% 45 m2 Tryradial, Spectra, Hydranet One sails 2017
- Code 0 90m2 IFS FFR Nylon One Sails 2019
- S2 Masthead 170m2 1.5oz North Sails 2015
- S4 Fractional 136m2 1.5oz North Sails 2015
- A2+ Masthead 195m2 1.25oz North Sails 2016
- A5 Fractional 130m2 1.5oz North Sails 2015
RORC Transatlantic Race, 2 places available, 7 – 22/29 January 2021
The 7th edition of the RORC Transatlantic Race will start from Lanzarote, Canaries, Spain on the 9th January 2021 and finish in Antigua. We have two last places available and two days of training and are looking forward to joining this 2900 Nm Atlantic Race again. Last year Kali beat her own record. Read the blog here
RORC Caribbean 600, 22 – 26 February 2021
The RORC Caribbean 600 course is unique; starting and finishing in Antigua, the competitors round 11 Caribbean islands. Warm trade winds and Caribbean swell provide superb sailing conditions and the local effects of the islands produce spectacular and strategic racing. For 600 miles the race is full of twists and turns with breath-taking scenery.
St.Maarten Heineken Regatta, 4 – 7 March 2021
They are currently building a plan that will deliver “Safe & ‘Serious Fun!'” during the event in March. Four days of world-class racing. Crystal clear waters and cooling northeast trade winds give the pristine conditions for spectacular racing just off the coast of St. Maarten.
Les Voiles de St.Barth, 11 – 17 April 2021
Just 4 months until the gun. Five days of racing, ultra-competitive courses, a festive ambience, and exceptional organization make Les Voiles de Saint-Barth one of the most important events for sailors around the globe.
- RORC Transatlantic Race: 3570 Euro RORC Caribbean 600: 2250 Euro
- St.Maarten Heineken Regatta: 1450 Euro
- Les Voiles de St.Barth: 1750 Euro
- entry fee
- team shirt
- soft drinks, breakfast & lunch while training/racing
- staying onboard for the RORC offshore races is available for the first 6 guests who book
- staying on board for the inshore races is possible for Euro 40.- extra per night
- Flights, visas, transfers to and from the yacht
- Personal sailing gear and wet weather gear
- Personal insurance